Check our Latest products!
This is my list of top five best cowboys quarterbacks of all time. It factors in winning and passing statistics.
5. Danny White: Starting quarterback for the cowboys in the 80’s. He was in one Pro Bowl and a three times All-Pro selection. He had a 81.7 passer rating and 21,959 yards passing. He took the team to two playoff games but lost to the St. Louis Rams in both.
4. Don Merideth: Went to three Pro Bowls and a two time All-Pro selection. He also won the Bert Bell award in 1966 as player of the year. He is in the cowboys ring of honor along side other Cowboy greats. Lead the cowboy to two championship games against the Packers, one being the “Ice Bowl”, but lost them both in heartbreaking fashion.
3. Tony Romo: Already has a passer rating of 97.6 with 59 touchdowns and only 34 picks. He has 7,746 yards passing. He is already been to the Pro Bowl twice. Romo set the record for season touchdown passes with 36 breaking Danny White’s record of 29. He has taken the Cowboys to the playoffs but lost one to the Seahawks and once to the Giants in the first rounds. Still has to prove himself in the playoffs but statistically is on par with the great cowboys quarterbacks. This is only his third year as starter for the Cowboys, so he has helped the team a lot in a short time.
2. Roger Staubach: Six time Pro Bowler and 2 times Superbowl Champion. Quite a gem for the Cowboys as he was picked in the tenth round of the draft. Won Player of the Year in 1971 and was a 5 times All-NFC Selection. He was also the MVP of Super Bowl VI.
1. Troy Aikman: Nearly edges out Staubach because of his stats and one more Super Bowl win. Sure Aikman was more rigid than Rodger, but he never lost a Superbowl like his counterpart did. He was a six times Pro Bowler as well. Plus he was a three times All-Pro selection. He maintained a career passer rating of 81.6 with 32,942 passing yards, a record that will be hard to break for Romo. He definitely had talent around him with Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin which helped. Don’t forget a great tight end in Jay Novachek. Romo has a great tight end in Witten, a great back in Marion Barber, and now two great wide receivers in Terrell Owens and Roy Williams. Unfortunately they have already lost 4 games this season and a dropping to the bottom of their division. A Super Bowl ring looks unlikely for Romo this year.
write by Philomena